I've been having a few little victories recently, and I thought it would be great to share them and have others share theirs.
1. Sharing Chinese takeaway with my Mum and only eating 2 slices of prawn toast because it was meh. Then forgetting we had custard buns for dessert - BIG deal, I swoon over custard anything!
2. Making gains on ALL lifts in the gym after a weekend of eating the food.
3. Listening to my body when I've been sick with the flu - I guess the body doesn't need to plough through crisps, gingerbread men, marmite on toast and orange juice like I normally wolf down. I only really wanted a couple of pieces of fruit and some eggs all day.
4. Leaving over half my lunch when out with family today, and realising that it needed a salad on the side!
5. Finding out I weigh as much as my (male) martial arts instructor who is trying to lose weight and really not giving a toss. I'm surprised at this one, I've really tried to examine whether I'm deep-down bothered and hiding it well but no, I can't find any negativity about my weight "number". Part of me thinks it's kinda cool.... He's trying to be my "diet buddy" so I send him motivational texts and tell him when my belt goes down a notch :) He asked me how my "diet" was going the other day and I seriously had to stop and think, because I'm not on a "diet" (he might be but I'm not!).
What are your victories? Please share!